- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- HOME AUTOMATION
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- KIDS & EDUCATION
- NEW MANUFACTURING
- OPEN SOURCE
- RECYCLING & UPCYCLING
- 3D PRINTING
- ARTISANS & NEW CRAFT
- STEAM PUNK
- WELLNESS & HEALTHCARE
- YOUNG MAKERS (< 18)
- 3D SCANNING
- MUSIC & SOUND
- FASHION & WEARABLES
Fresatrice CNC costruita interamente a scuola dall'indirizzo tecnico di Meccanica Meccatronica istituto Mattei di Conselve (Padova)
This milling machine is a computer numerical control machine and the students of the fifth year have built this machine completely at school following several steps:
1)at first the design of the milling machine by using the CAD software and the three-dimensional models, available in “Solidworks”.
2)Then the building of some components, for example the plates for connection or for the support of the step motors, rather than the plates for the motion of the carts, along the X, Y, Z axis. All these components have been produced thanks to CNC milling machine, which is in the machine tool laboratory at school.
3) After that, the use of a 3D printer to make some specific elements of the machine like the limit switch elements in the X and Y directions.
4) In the next step the wiring of the PIBOT electronic boards connected to the drive units like step motors, electro mandril and limit switch.
5) The next stage the assembly of the machine in the school workshop.
6) After that the set up of the control program of the GRBL machine which uses the software of the Arduino electronic board.
7) In the end the test of the machine with the configuration of the CAM Est CAM program in order to realize different machining of raw pieces generally of wood or plexiglass.
Classe 5 dei Meccanica Meccatronica dell'Istituto Tecnico E. Mattei di Conselve (PD)
The class consists of 19 students among which there is a girl.
They all worked in groups but everyone was engaged in developing a specific task: some of them were involved in CAD drawing, some in the manufacturing/production of mechanical details of the CNC milling machine, some in 3D printing, some in the wiring of electrical and electronic components, others in assembly and final configuration of the machine management programs.
But all of them had to be clear and accurate conveying each other information about every specific stage of the project/process showing their team working skills.