- STEAM PUNK
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- VIRTUAL REALITY
- NEW MANUFACTURING
- RECYCLING & UPCYCLING
- ARTISANS & NEW CRAFT
- FASHION & WEARABLES
- PRODUCT DESIGN
- HOME AUTOMATION
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- WELLNESS & HEALTHCARE
- INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION
- OPEN SOURCE
- 3D PRINTING
- ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY
- YOUNG MAKERS (< 18)
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- 3D SCANNING
- KIDS & EDUCATION
- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- MUSIC & SOUND
Impianto Audio autocostruito con subwoofer a linea di trasmissione e amplificatore classe T da 480 Wrms
This project consists of a 5.1 surround audio system with a power of 480 W rms, unlike the common audio systems currently available on the market this is entirely self-made, starting from the PCBs up to the transmission line speakers that exploit an unusual physical principle fairly unknow by the audience.
In particular it is equipped with:
- a Bluetooth APTX receiver with SPDIF output;
- two class T amplifiers designed by Tripath, which work with an innovative signal modulation no longer available on the current market, it is entirely soldered by hand.
- a homemade DAC equipped with an upsampling system with a very high s/n (over 170 dB). This board comes from a famous board on the audiophile forums on internet, moreover it has been modified in the final low pass filter section to increase the already exceptional audio quality.
- the satellite speakers are built with PCV tubes, their design agree with the high sound quality requirements, they are also homemade.
- the transmission line subwoofer is the most interesting part, it consists of 2 PVC tubes with a diameter of 20 cm and 3.6 m long, two speakers of 90 W rms are placed inside them.
Its design is conceived to exploit the rear speaker's wave to increase the power emitted, furthermore its shape allows to fix a resonance at 30 Hz assuring an outstanding bass. In a common flat it should be adjusted to 1/10 of the nominal power, but thanks to the large space available in the Maker Faire site, it is possible to appreciate the remarkable audio properties of this audio system in terms of sound quality and power.
People from public can also play and listening to their favorite music whether they prefer under our permission using the Bluetooth receiver.
My name is Roberto, I am 33 years old energy engineer and I got a P.hD last year. Currently, my job is related to the renewable energy research, in the past I was a teacher and examiner for the engineering faculty, lastly, I have a long-term job in the Italian Ministry of infrastructure and sustainable mobility. I cultivate my passions for electronic circuits during my spare time thanks to the basis acquired when I was at high school, because at that time I studied to be an electronic technician. I love to find new ways in developing my ideas by means of new technologies, they are often tough to realize because of the cost and/or complexity. To reach my goal, firstly I undertake a in dept analysis of ideas conceived by other makers, after that I try to improve them with some hackings aimed at adding innovation and greater performances. It is important to point out that my work has a scientific orientation, unlike the common approach to manage the problem without it.