This page describes how the website (www.makerfairerome.eu) manages the processing of personal data of its users. Further information on the processing of this data is provided in the notices for each individual service.
This notice is given in accordance with arts. 13 and 14 of EU Reg. 2016/679 for those who interact with the web services of the Maker Faire Rome (for example form filling, newsletter subscription, webinars participation), accessible electronically at the address www.makerfairerome.eu, which is the homepage of the official website www.makerfairerome.eu.
This notice is provided only for the Maker Faire Rome website and not for other websites visited through the links published therein and for which Innova Camera is not responsible.
The data referring to identified or identifiable people may be processed after this website has been accessed.
Data processing controller
The data processing “controller” is “Innova Camera”, Special Agency of the Rome Chamber of Commerce (formerly Asset Camera until June 30, 2016) which has its registered office in Via de’ Burrò 147 – 00186 Rome.
Innova Camera may appoint as “External supervisors” of the data processing external individuals for operations regarding the maintenance and updating of the website and, more generally, for activities aimed at the realisation of the Maker Faire project.
A list of the processing supervisors is available from the Controller.
Place of data processing
The processing related to the web services of this website will take place at the headquarters of Innova Camera and/or at the premises of the external processing supervisors.
Types of processed data
During their normal operation, the computer systems and software used to operate this website acquire some personal data for communication that is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols.
This information is not collected with the intent of associating it with identified users, although by nature, it could lead to the identification of users through the elaboration and association of data held by third parties.
This data category includes the IP addresses and domain names of the computers used by the users who access the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) annotation addresses of the resources used, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the dimension of the file received in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful outcome, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the operating system and IT environment used by the Users.
This data is only used to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and to monitor its proper functioning; it is deleted immediately after the processing. The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the website: currently, except for this possibility, data concerning web contacts is not kept for more than seven days.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
Through the website it is possible to send requests and communications through the addresses and contact forms indicated therein. The provision of such data is mandatory, necessary to respond to requests sent as well as to contact the sender again to obtain clarifications regarding what has been reported. Personal data are provided by users for the purpose of using the services of the Site.
In particular, user identification takes place at the moment:
– The sending of requests for information / assistance and communications through the addresses and contact forms indicated on the website. In this case, the Data Controller will process the sender’s contact data, necessary to respond, as well as all personal data included in the communications.
– Sending data to subscribe to the newsletter.
– Of sending data for participation in a webinar. For registration, the owner can use external platforms that will be specifically indicated in the dedicated pages. It should be noted that if he wishes to ask questions to the speaker during the intervention, the speaker could provide an answer using the name displayed in the chat. Participants are invited not to activate the webcam during the interventions.
Specific summary information may be included or viewed on the website pages dedicated to specific services on demand (e.g. Call for makers – call for schools). Personal data provided by users will be communicated to third parties if disclosure is necessary for the purposes for which it is submitted (e.g. participation in the Maker Faire, Waiting for Maker Faire Rome events, and related events)
Data processing will use analogue, electronic and remote tools.
For the purposes mentioned above, Innova Camera may disclose personal information in its possession to employees, contractors, third parties and partners co – organizers of the events whose services it uses for the purposes described above.
The data provided by the User for the provision of the requested services may be used in future by the Data Controller to inform interested parties about similar initiatives falling within the institutional scope of Innova Camera.
Cookies are not used while browsing the site to transmit information of a personal nature, nor are so-called persistent cookies of any kind, or systems for tracking user behavior.
The site uses technical cookies (navigation and session) and includes some services provided by third parties that generate cookies stored on the user’s PC.
The use of the so-called session cookies is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the site. I c.d. Session cookies used on this site avoid the use of other IT techniques that are potentially prejudicial to the confidentiality of user browsing and do not allow the acquisition of the user’s personal identification data.
The site uses third-party cookies for monitoring access to the portal and for sharing on some social networks and in particular:
- The site uses third-party cookies for sharing on some of the main social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
These data are processed in full autonomy by the managers of the social network platforms. For more information on how the data collected by social networks are processed, it is possible to read the privacy information notes provided by the subjects providing the services in question:
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter http://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/
You can deny your consent to the acceptance of cookies on your device, by acting on the settings of the program used by the user for browsing the Internet. Disabling cookies does not prevent navigation of the site but may affect the operation of third-party services used within it.
Purpose and legal basis of data processing
The processing of personal data is carried out by the Data Controller for the following purposes:
- Retrieve user requests for information and assistance. The processing is functional to fulfill a user request and is based on the execution of a contract or pre-contractual measures. Subject to their express consent, users may receive communications from the data Owner, aimed at keeping them updated on the Maker Faire latest news.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the web pages and their contents. In this case, the data processing is based on the legitimate interest of the owner.
- Send the newsletter. The treatment is based on the consent of the interested party.
- Allow participation in initiatives (e.g. webinars, events) by filling in forms. The owner can send useful information on the webinar and subsequently contact the participant for the sending of educational material and any certificates of participation and credit, if any. The collected data may be used in the future by the Data Controller to inform you about other similar initiatives and to stay up to date on conferences and training events. The treatment is based on the consent of the interested party.
With the explicit consent of the user, the Controller may communicate personal data to the American company Maker Media Inc. (1005 Gravenstein Hwy North – Sebastopol, CA 95472), the grantor of the Maker Faire brand name, to enable the latter to send informative material, communications, newsletters and commercial and/or editorial offers by e-mail. Consent to this communication is optional.
Retention of data
The Owner adopts the following policies regarding the storage of data of users of the website:
- The data provided in the contact forms or in the emails sent to the addresses published on the Site will be kept only for the time necessary to respond to requests received and in any case for a period not exceeding 12 months. Users’ names and contact details will be retained only if they chose to receive information from Market Faire and, in any case, until they wish to withdrawn this consent.
- The data provided for receiving the newsletter will be processed until the interested party revokes consent.
- The personal data entered in the registration forms for initiatives will be used for the aforementioned purposes and kept until the request for cancellation by the interested parties.
Optional provision of data
Apart from the that specified for browsing data, the provision of data using the forms available on the Website for requesting specific services (such as subscription to the newsletter or requests for information) is optional; however, if the data requested is not provided, it may be impossible for the user to obtain a response to their requests. Consent may always be withdrawn, requesting that personal data be deleted.
Personal data is processed automatically only for the time strictly required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the event of subscription to the newsletter, data is kept until cancellation of the subscription.
To prevent data loss, abuse or improper use of data and unauthorised access, specific security measures have been set.
Rights of the interested parties
The interested parties have the right to request the data processing controller for access to their personal data and their correction or deletion or limitation to the processing of their data or object to data processing (arts. 15 and following of the GDPR).
Requests may be directed via e-mail to: email@example.com .
Innova Camera has appointed a data protection supervisor, who can be contacted at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should the presuppositions be in place, the interested parties also have the right to submit complaints to the Guarantor for the protection of personal data as the controlling authority, according to the procedures envisaged.
Modifications to the notice
This informative notice is valid from 5 august 2020 and may be updated; Users are therefore requested to periodically check the contents.