This Privacy Notice, as required under articles 13 and 14 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, provides information concerning the purposes and methods of processing the personal data of applicants for participation in:
- The Call for Makers
- The Call for Schools
- The Call for Universities and Research Institutes
- The Call for Partners
The term “Call” is used within this notice to indicate indistinctly one of the 4 calls, mentioned above.
This policy also governs the processing of personal data during the course of all events or initiatives linked to the Calls mentioned above (for example the Educational Day) and the “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition 2020” including the Exhibitors Portal.
The data controller is Innova Camera, special agency of the Rome Chamber of Commerce, with headquarters in Via De’ Burrò 147 – 00186 Rome, Tax Code 1020381104.
Innova Camera may appoint certain individuals as external data processing supervisors for the realisation of Maker Faire Rome 2020. The updated list of the data processing supervisors is kept at the headquarters of the data controller.
The person responsible for data protection of Innova Camera can be contacted at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Data processed
The following data will be processed by Innova Camera:
- Browsing data: the IT systems and software procedures used to operate this website collect certain personal data during user browsing and during user registration for one of the Calls mentioned above, the transmission of which is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols (for example IP address or domain names of the computers used to connect to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the resources used and the system logs). This data is used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and also to monitor its proper functioning. This information is not collected to identify users, but it is possible that the normal processing procedure and cross-checks with data owned by third parties make the identification of users possible. The data collected could be used for ascertaining responsibility in the event of hypothetical IT-related crimes against the website. Apart from this eventuality, the relevant data is stored for no longer than seven days.
- Data provided voluntarily by users during registration for the Calls: when the registration and participation forms for the Calls available on the “Maker Faire Rome 2020” website are filled in, the data provided voluntarily by the users will be collected, for example but not limited to their name, surname, tax identification number, date and place of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Image and video data: Participants, by filling the registration form to the selected Call, is aware thst during the event photographs will be taken and video recording will be carried out.
Providing this data is required for registration and participation in the Calls and in all other events or initiatives linked to the Calls and the “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition 2020” and the Exhibitors Portal.
Sensitive data will not be either collected or processed.
2. Purposes of data processing and legal basis
Data processing by the Data Controller is aimed at:
a. the user participating in the selected Call and all related activities; enabling the users to access and use the services and contents on the Website and also, on request by the individual user, participate in any other initiative organised and advertised on the Website itself and also participate in all the other events or initiatives related to the Call and the “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition 2020” and the Exhibitors Portal.;
b. promoting the event through the publication of the data of the participants and related projects on the website of the event as well as photographs and audio-video recordings made during the event also on the websites and social pages of the Organizer’s business partners. The treatment is based on the consent of the participants;
c. complying with obligations provided by applicable laws, regulations and European Union law, and also the instructions given by the authorities legitimised to do so by the law and supervisory and control bodies. Personal data processing is required by law.
The data collected may also be used in future by the Data Controller in order to inform those interested of other similar initiatives within the scope of the institutional purposes of Innova Camera.
Also, as part of the events or initiatives linked to the Calls and the “Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition 2020” promoted by Partners and Sponsors, the data of those interested may be communicated to the latter.
The Data Controller may, with the explicit consent of the user, communicate personal data to the American company Maker Media Inc. (1005 Gravenstein Hwy North – Sebastopol, CA 95472), the grantor of the Maker Faire brand, in order for the latter to send informative material, communications, newsletters and commercial and/or editorial proposals by e-mail. Consent to this communication of data is optional.
3. Data processing methods
Data will be processed in the following methods, in respect of the necessary security and confidentiality: collected from the interested party; recorded for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes; used in other processing operations in terms compatible with such purposes; processing using electronic and automated instruments and tools (collection of data by electronic means directly from the interested party).
Specific security measures have been taken in order to prevent data loss, illicit or improper use of data and unauthorized access.
4. Time for which data is saved
Your personal data will be saved for the following five years from the end of the event.
Your personal data disclosed by publication on the website for promotional purposes of the event as well as photographs and audio-video recordings will be saved without time limits.
The e-mail addresses given in the participation form will be saved and used solely for the purpose of sending institutional communications by Innova Camera until such time as the interested parties request its cancellation.
5. Rights of the interested parties
The interested parties may at any time exercise the rights in articles 15-22 of EU Regulation 2016/679, in other words the rights of access, processing limitations, objection, requesting the cancellation of data and portability, among others. They also have the right to file complaints with the supervisory authority.
6. Methods of exercising rights
Rights may be exercised at any time by sending:
a registered letter with return receipt to Innova Camera, via Dè Burrò 147, CAP 00186, Rome; or an e-mail to the address email@example.com.