- OPEN SOURCE
- WELLNESS & HEALTHCARE
- KIDS & EDUCATION
- RECYCLING & UPCYCLING
- ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY
- 3D PRINTING
- HOME AUTOMATION
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- YOUNG MAKERS (< 18)
- FASHION & WEARABLES
- ARTISANS & NEW CRAFT
- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- MUSIC & SOUND
- STEAM PUNK
- 3D SCANNING
- NEW MANUFACTURING
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
RoboCat K1 -educational toy-robot, which was specially created to support the educational process in the schools when working with the Scratch educational software. Now learning Scratch for kids will become more interesting and fun!
RoboCat K1 is an educational toy-robot for kids aged 8-14, which was specially created to supplement the educational process in the schools when working with the Scratch program. RoboCat was specially designed to study STEAM disciplines, practical and not boring programming, robotics, electronics.
With the help of sensors that are installed in RoboCat K1, kids will learn how to associate programming with Scratch with the real world around them!
The following components are installed in RoboCat:
1. The noise sensor, which is located in one of the ears of the robot-cat. The sensor can detect various noises: clapping, talking or other sounds.
2. A light sensor that is located on the top of the cat. RoboCat can recognize the level of illumination around or determine that at the moment the robot-cat was stroked!
3. The motion sensor, which is installed at the front of the robot and simulates the real mustache of the cat. The sensor allows RoboCat to keep track of moving objects around and determine movement. Now it's impossible to go past RoboCat unnoticed!
4. The temperature sensor, which is installed in one of the legs of the robot-cat, so that it is possible to measure the temperature of the environment or .... milk!
5. Angle sensor (rotary knob), which is installed in the upper tab. Turning the handle of the sensor, you can determine at what angle it was rotated.
6. Light-emitting diodes. Two LEDs (red and green) are installed in the eyes of RoboCat. Now the cat can blink eyes and react to external events!
7. Electric bell. RoboCat can make sounds or play simple melodies!
8. Servo motor. The head of RoboCat is able to rotate, thus the robot cat can express its emotions or disagreement with some events!
9. The button that is installed in the cat's upper tab. Use the button to define the touch to the foot.
10. Electric motors and wheels. RoboCat can move! Not fast, but it will be enough! (in developing)
11. Distance sensors. Moving, RoboCat can see obstacles and travel around them using two distance sensors along the sides of the robot. (in developing)
12. Graphical programming in Scratch and our special software RoverBlock. RoboCat can be easily programmed in the Scratch language with help of our Scratch software or RoverBlock Software.
Maksim Masalski, MRobot Team mrobot.by
Today I'm founder of a startup company MRobot. My company creates educational robots for children and students. Also I’m the leader and founder of IoT and robotics laboratory “Kitchen of Robots” in Minsk.
To make my robots widespread, I have created robotic model car games CodeWheels, where everyone can program robot and compete with other participants! The main advantage is that no need to buy or develop robot. Each team before championship receives similar robot RoboRover M1 CodeWheels Edition and all necessary software! Only quality of code matters! More about my CodeWheels project read on Intel web page https://devmesh.intel.com/projects/codewheels-model-car-robotics-racing-powered-by-intel-curie
My company has and online shop mrobot.by. Here we sell our educational robots and software for programming this robots.
I pay a lot of attention to self-learning and self-development. A lot of my knowledge is result of self-education. Now my main goal is to obtain new knowledge and to develop my skills which can help me in successful creative and professional self-realization and to develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills.