Maker Faire Rome 2023 is back from October 20 to 22 at Fiera di Roma
This year the Call for Big Bang Projects, launched in 2016, will be back: we are building Maker Faire Rome together, not just in terms of contents but also in terms of Its major attractions.
The Call for Big Bang Projects is a great opportunity open to all, (makers, artists, visionaries) to present:
- large – scale projects
- highly interactive projects involving the public
- setup / attractions with high visual impact suitable for giving character to event spaces (pavilions,
outdoor walkways, entrances and access areas, etc.)
- areas for interactive activities (walkways, aviaries, stages, workshops, etc.)
Note: this is not the Call for Makers!
the Call for Makers will be available soon on this website. If your project does not meet at least one of the above requirements, you must wait until the Call for Makers is opened.
Applicants must be able to produce and supply the projects they present, if selected, according to the terms and conditions agreed on a case-by-case basis with the organizers.
Submissions must also be accompanied by a cost estimate, which costs in part could be paid by Maker Faire Rome organizers, following the procedures of the Innova Camera Special Agency or by one of its Partners.
Targeted crowdfunding campaigns may also be started and supported under agreement with the applicants and as a supplement to the available resources.
Projects must be submitted no later than 21 April. The organizers and officials will announce the outcome of their assessments by 15 May, contacting the applicants and inviting them, if chosen, to submit a detailed plan, establishing times, costs and implementation procedures. Projects not selected may be resubmitted to the Call for Makers in order to be present at the Fair, using their own resources.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS
Proposals must be submitted by filling in the appropriate form that will be placed in the Exhibitors Area: http://makers.makerfairerome.eu/bigbang
The form asks the following information:
- Applicant’s personal and contact general information
- Description of the applicant (business, people, previous experiences with similar projects, setups or supplies
- Project title (event temporary)
- Description of the proposal (contents, aspect, technical implementation, dimensions, indoor / outdoor location, requirements)
- status of the proposed project (already completed, partially completed, idea to be realized)
- description of the project’s philosophy and why it would fit well in Maker Faire Rome total cost of the installation
- possible economic support requested of the organizer of Maker Faire Rome
- brief description of the expense items that justifying the request for economic support
- at least one image (drawing, rendering)
Selected projects will be then required to submit more detailed information regarding the technical characteristics, implementation procedures, safety aspects, completion times, cost breakdown, etc.
>>> Read the Call for Big Bang Projects regulations
FAQ (READ CAREFULLY)
* How many proposals will be selected?
There is no set number: it will depend on the quality of the projects submitted, their relevance as determined by organizers, at their sole discretion and the available.
*What are the themes of Maker Faire Rome 2023
Innovative projects in line with the themes of Maker Faire Rome will be examined. (read the regulations)
What criteria are used for the selection?
We are expecting projects from makers, preferably those born into artisanal contexts or maker spaces, but in any event driven by a passion for creativity and ingenuity. Preference will be given to large – scale projects capable of filling and dominating the vast indoor and outdoor exhibition spaces planned for the 2023 edition at Fiera di Roma.
Projects that enhance the event in at least one of the following aspects will be viewed positively: visual impact, dominance of the spaces, entertainment for adult and child audience, scientific/technological dissemination, interactivity, participation, celebration of ingenuity and creativity. Any idea is welcomed so long as It contributes to making Maker Faire Rome 2023 a memorable event and encourages dissemination in the social media by the public.
Project costs and the applicants ability to bear some of the expenses, in addition to whatever share Is borne by Maker Faire Rome.
Applicant will be responsible for any technical implementation of Its own project.
The clarity, feasibility and specificity of the proposals will also be determining. Organizers may, at their own discretion, ask applicants to provide clarifications.
* Is it possible to modify or add to a project after It has been submitted?
Yes, the selected projects will have to be examined in detail in a second phase and ultimately agreed and discussed with the organizers of Maker Faire Rome.
* Is it possible to submit more than one proposal?
* Is it possible to involve direct sponsors to co-finance project?
Yes, but this must be clearly stated in the proposal and the theme will be examined by the organizers.