That’s right! Maker Faire Rome turns ten this year.
Ten years of innovations and ideas that have turned into concrete projects, of inventions that have improved and revolutionised entire sectors of our society, realising things that seemed remote and even unattainable a few years ago.
Ten editions that have brought together people, thoughts, opinions, knowledge, skills from all over the globe, which have built ever stronger and unbreakable bonds through a universal language: that of innovation.
#MFR2022 will be a held as a true “special edition” preceded and followed by a series of events and initiatives – including digital ones – which span beyond the three-day Exhibition.
From 7th to 9th October, we will be back in person in Rome but also online on our website and social channels, so as to reach the public everywhere and give everyone a chance to attend the event.
Attend Call for Makers and join the unrivalled team of makers, innovative companies, start-ups, and craftspeople whose contribution over the last ten years has made of Maker Faire Rome the most exciting innovation event in Europe.
What is Call for Makers?
Call for Makers is an amazing opportunity to present your innovations at Maker Faire Rome 2022.
If our curators select your proposal, we shall offer you an exhibition space, free of charge, where you can present your project to the public, exchange commercial or in-depth information and interact with #MFR2022 visitors.
Call for Makers 2020 aims to promote innovation through the diffusion of digital culture and the development of individual and collective entrepreneurship, rewarding the projects that are deemed most worthy.
The digital section, entirely devoted to conferences, workshop talks and training and information events, will be held on dates other than those scheduled for the in-person event.
Participation in Call for Makers 2022 is free of charge and open to all Italian or foreign subjects – whether natural or legal persons – who intend to present their project and participate as per the options listed below:
- present your project: a space will be provided, free of charge, so as to allow curious onlookers and interested visitors to enquire about and enjoy your project;
- perform activities (presentations to the public): a physical and/or virtual space will be provided, free of charge, where presentations on topics related to event themes can be held, experiences shared, and practical demonstrations (workshops) performed. Given that Maker Faire Rome is preceded and followed by a series of events and initiatives that span beyond the three-day event, the detailed programming of these activities could take place digitally on dates other than those scheduled for the exhibition event.
- perform in public (performance): a physical and/or virtual space or a physical and/or virtual stage will be provided, free of charge, so that you can deliver your own creative, technological, robotic or musical performance. Performances can also be held as webinars to favour the enjoyment and dissemination among the public, also for those attending remotely.
Who are we looking for?
At Maker Faire Rome we are always looking for people who can show us the future that lies just around the corner, something we need today more than ever.
- Inventors and innovators: innovative products, prototypes, patents, research projects, start-ups, crowdfunding. Any Makers going to market for the first time should absolutely be at Maker Faire Rome! Year after year we build the future together.
- Innovative craftspeople: digital fabrication tools and technologies, from 3D printing to CNC machines, from creative wood and metal working to digital technologies for clothing and design, but also craft, high-level artisanship and the rediscovery of manual skills.
- Electronics: from microcontrollers to retrocomputing, from sensor technology to the Internet of Things, from circuit bending to hacking, from machine learning to open hardware.
- Food and agriculture: innovation in the food sector (food, machines, robotics, preparation and conservation methods) and in agriculture (agro-tech, rural innovation, automation, monitoring).
- Robotics and intelligent machines: from wheeled robots to animatronics, from humanoids to Goldberg machines, from artificial intelligence to industrial automation.
- Health and quality of life: disability aids, and also aids for daily life, biomedical devices, accessories for sport, projects related to the human body in general.
- Art, interaction and recreation: projects that use light, darkness, sound, music; robotic art, creative coding, musical instruments, virtual reality and installations that involve visitors.
- Science, chemistry, engineering: demonstrations, installations, exhibits, workshops and scientific shows for adults and children.
- Sustainability, recycling, circular economy, bioeconomy, green TECH, smart energy green building: from renewables to upcycling, from recycling materials to repairing objects, from water to the environment.
- Open source: from open-source hardware (OSHW) to open design, the collaboration and knowledge sharing paradigm has always been one of the basic elements of Maker Faire Rome.
- FabLab, community: makers’ workshops, places for meeting and experimentation, groups and communities linked to technologies and creativity in general.
- Spaceflight and its applications: ideas, technologies and prototypes for a more valid utilisation, both on the ground and in flight, of the benefits of the space environment, and for a more effective human and robotic exploration of the Solar System.
- …and then drones, bicycles, cultural heritage projects, mobility, photography, security, and everything else besides
Call for Makers 2022: submit your proposal!
The following criteria will be used in the evaluation of submitted projects:
- 1. Participants must present a working prototype;
- 2. Submitted project must meet the requirements of creativity and originality.
- 3. Projects that actively involve visitors and that show not only the result but also the process of conception and realisation will be preferred.
- 4. The project will also be evaluated on its novelty compared to what may have already been presented in previous editions of the Event.
- 5. As regards the part of the Event that will be held on site, the projects will also be assessed in light of the technical and logistical requirements and security risks.
Is your project, your idea or your prototype the innovation we’ve all been waiting for? Maker Faire Rome is the event for you!
Among “traditional” subjects and several new themes, this year’s Maker Faire Rome once again offers a broad range of topics. Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll find at #MFR2022:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big data
- Circular Economy
- Digital Manufacturing
- IoT & Electronics
- Mobility and Drones
- Smart Cities
- Smart Robotics
With insights and areas dedicated to:
- Artisans & New Craft
- Cultural Heritage
- Green Building
- Recycling & Upcycling
- Smart Mobility
For more info: email@example.com
Do you want to help us promote Maker Faire Rome 2022 edition n.10? Here’s what you can do!
- Always use the #MFR2022 and #MakerFaireRome tags
- Download the artworks you find on this page and use them on your social channels, on your site and with your digital communication systems