The call for Makers officially closed on October 22nd
Maker Faire Rome 2020 will have a completely new look to keep up with the events that have been involving the whole world in recent months. It will be tailored on the projects because the Makers are the heart of Maker Faire Rome and their projects are the engine (zero impact!) of the event.
Do you want to be part of the biggest European innovation event but you haven’t entered your application in time? Do you want to contribute with us to open a window on the innovations that will be part of next future?
If it will be deemed of interest and if we have the opportunity to host more makers, we will give you the chance to participate to Maker Faire Rome 2020
Here we are again!
In this interesting year, we are gearing up for an edition of Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition that will experiment with new forms of meeting.
This year, Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition will take on a hybrid digital-physical format (as and where possible).
We are planning an extensive, multi-channel, physical and virtual event, and we want to build it together with you.
What is it the Call for Makers?
It is an opportunity to present your innovations no later than
15th October 2020 22nd October 2020 (extended deadline) and be selected – for free – and show case them during the event to be held from 10 to 13 December on the digital platform. If you are selected, you can present your project within the schedule of the event: you will have moments of direct streaming and interactiion with the audience.
Call for Makers 2020
Propose your project no later than
15th October 2020 22nd October 2020 (extended deadline), in order to partecipate from 10 to 13 December on the Maker Faire Rome digital platform.
Should you be selected, you’ll be allocated time slots for direct streaming and interaction with the audience, in which you can meet it, present your project, discuss your research, validate your product, exchange business information.
Online, onsite, onlife!
You’ll be broadcasting comfortably from your home, from your workplace, from your garage or from wherever you want, without the need to physically come to Rome.
If you don’t have a convenient space to connect from, you’ll be able to find other makers like you who have an available space where you can group your projects together. For this reason, Check the website: we’ll be publishing the list of spaces as they become available and you can see if there is one near you.
If you are a Fablab, a makerspace or a maker with space available to offer to others like you, in the next days you will find a form to offer your space.
Who we’re looking for, makers and topics
- Inventors and innovators: innovative products, prototypes, patents, research projects, startups, crowdfunding. When a maker launches on the market, they should absolutely go through Maker Faire Rome! Year after year we build the future together.
- Innovative craftspeople: digital fabrication tools and technologies, from 3D printing to CNC machines, from creative wood and metal working to digital technologies for clothing and design, but also craft, high level artisanship and the rediscovery of manual skills.
- Electronics: from microcontrollers to retrocomputing, from sensor technology to the Internet of Things, from circuit bending to hacking, from machine learning to open hardware.
- Food and agriculture: innovation in the food sector (food, machines, robotics, preparation and conservation methods) and in agriculture (agro-tech, rural innovation, automation, monitoring).
- Robotics and intelligent machines: from wheeled robots to animatronics, from humanoids to Goldberg machines, from artificial intelligence to industrial automation.
- Wellness and healthcare: aids for disability, but also for daily life, biomedical devices, sports accessories, projects related to the human body in general.
- Art, interaction and recreation: projects that use light, darkness, sound, music; robotic art, creative coding, musical instruments, virtual reality and installations that engage visitors.
- Science, chemistry, engineering: demonstrations, installations, exhibits, workshops and scientific shows for adults and children.
- Sustainability, Recycling, Circular Economy, Bioeconomy, Green TECH, Smart Energy Green Building: from renewables to upcycling, from recycling materials to repairing objects, from water to the environment.
- Open Source: from Open Source Hardware (OSHW) to Open Design, the collaboration and knowledge sharing paradigm has always been one of the basic elements of Maker Faire Rome.
- FabLab, community: makers’ workshops, places for meeting and experimentation, groups and communities linked to technologies and creativity in general.
- Spaceflight and its applications: ideas, technologies and prototypes for a more valid utilisation, both on the ground and in flight, of the benefits of the space environment, and for a more effective human and robotic exploration of the Solar System.
- Large-scale projects: innovative or recreational, fixed or self-propelled, sculptural or technological, giant projects are always the great attractions that everyone remembers.
- … and then drones, bicycles, cultural heritage projects, mobility, photography, security, and everything else besides
Other opportunities represented by the Call for Makers
The projects related to the topics of wellness and healthcare submitted to Call for Makers will participate at the Make to Care contest.