The Call for universities and research institutes officially closed on July 11st but you can still Submit your project!
It will be automatically added to our waiting list.
If it will be deemed of interest and if we have the opportunity to host more exhibitors, we will give you the chance to participate to Maker Faire Rome 2022.
Take part in the 10th edition of Maker Faire Rome, the event that facilitates and talks about innovation, bringing people and ideas together through a physical and virtual ecosystem to connect innovation enthusiasts and involve them with learning paths, training, co-planning and match-making.
Maker Faire Rome is the ideal settings where knowledge, skills and experience come together to give shape to real projects.
You cannot miss it, submit your project!
Once again, this year we’ll talk about the work of Universities and Research Centres
Since inception ten years ago, Maker Faire Rome has turned the spotlight on excellence in technology and innovation, involving projects from state universities and public research institutes, both domestic and international.
The Exhibition Event will take place from 7th to 9th October 2022 in person.
Conferences, workshops, webinars and other training and information events will be held mainly digitally – also on dates other than those scheduled for the event – since the tenth edition of Maker Faire Rome is preceded and followed by a series of events and initiatives that span beyond the three-day event.
Call for Universities & Research Institutes 2022 aims to promote innovation through the diffusion of digital culture and the development of individual and collective entrepreneurship, rewarding the projects that are deemed most worthy.
Public, Italian and international Universities and Research Institutes whose projects are selected will have access to an entirely free physical space within #MFR2022, and will be able to:
- present your project: a space will be provided, free of charge, so as to allow curious onlookers and interested visitors to enquire about and enjoy your project;
- perform activities (presentations to the public): a physical and/or virtual space will be provided, free of charge, where presentations on topics related to event themes can be held, experiences shared, and practical demonstrations (workshops) performed.
- perform in public (performance): a physical and/or virtual space or a physical and/or virtual stage will be provided, free of charge, so that you can deliver your own creative, technological, robotic or musical performance. Performances can also take place as webinars to facilitate the enjoyment and dissemination among the public.
Call for Universities and Research Institutes is open to state universities and public research institutes.
Do you already have a brilliant project in mind?
The following criteria will be used in the evaluation of submitted projects:
- 1. Participants must present a working prototype;
- 2. Submitted project must meet the requirements of creativity and originality.
- 3. Projects that actively involve visitors and that show not only the result but also the process of conception and realisation will be preferred.
- 4. The project will also be evaluated on its novelty compared to what may have already been presented in previous editions of the Event.
- 5. As regards the part of the Event that will be held on site, the projects will also be assessed in light of the technical and logistical requirements and security risks.
Other opportunities represented by the Call for Universities & Research Institutes
The projects focused on “Health & Wellbeing / Wellness & Healthcare” presented with the Call for Universities & Research Institutes will participate in the Make to Care award.
>>> The Call is closed, but you can still Submit your project!
It will be automatically added to our waiting list. If it will be deemed of interest and if we have the opportunity to host more exhibitors, we will give you the chance to participate to Maker Faire Rome 2022
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to help us promote Maker Faire Rome 2022 edition n.10? Here’s what you can do!
- Always use the #MFR2022 and #MakerFaireRome tags
- Download the artworks you find on this page and use them on your social channels, on your site and with your digital communication systems