- 3D PRINTING
- HOME AUTOMATION
- INTERNET OF THINGS
- KIDS & EDUCATION
- RECYCLING & UPCYCLING
- YOUNG MAKERS (< 18)
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- OPEN SOURCE
- NEW MANUFACTURING
- WELLNESS & HEALTHCARE
- ENERGY & SUSTAINABILITY
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- 3D SCANNING
- CULTURAL HERITAGE
- MUSIC & SOUND
- ARTISANS & NEW CRAFT
- FASHION & WEARABLES
- STEAM PUNK
SPIRIT - A software framework for the efficient setup of industrial inspection robots
The “offline framework” handles such the model-based automatic coverage planning for complex parts and various image-based inspection processes as well as the automatic robot program generation. It will include a generic interface to allow the easy exchange of process models (for different inspection technologies), of the CAD model of the part (for a different type of product to be inspected) or of the work-cell model (for a different kinematic structure).
The generic “inline framework” deals with sensor data mapping to transfer 2D image data to the 3D object model. It will provide the backbone for the real-time execution of the actual inspection process, including the synchronization of data acquisition and robot motion.
• Reducing the engineering costs for setting up a robotic inspection task by 80%
• Creating a software framework that allows the shift from project-based, ad-hoc solutions to a product-based approach.
• Reducing the barrier when introducing automatic inspection systems by aiming at a return of in- vestment of less than 2-3 years.
• Realising a potential of several hundred addition- al robotic installations per year.
• Helping SMEs to reach out to worldwide markets by providing a proven framework for inspection robots.
IAS-Lab (Intelligent Autonomous Systems Laboratory), University of Padova
He was coordinator of the FP7 FoF-EU project “Thermobot” and local principal investigator for the European Projects “3DComplete” and “FibreMap” and “Focus” in FP7; “eCraft2Learn” and “SPIRIT” in H2020.
He was general chair of the 13th International Conference "Intelligent Autonomous System" IAS-13 and was program chair of IAS-14 and IAS-15. He is author of more than 50 publications in international journals and more than 120 publications in international conferences.
In 2005, Menegatti founded IT+Robotics, a Spin-off company of the Univ. of Padua, active in the field of industrial robot vision, machine vision for quality inspection, automatic off-line robot programming. In 2014, he founded EXiMotion a startup company active in the field of educational robotics and service robotics.